Welcome to the Right of Access to Legal Information website!
This webpage features an overview of the right of access to legal information, including information from international and regional human rights instruments, reports relating to the right to information, and thoughts on the subject (items added progressively):
- The right of access to legal information is also referred to as the right to legal information, the right to law, etc. Some authors even refer to it as the right to justice.
- The right of access to legal information is a major component of the right of access to information (the right to information) also known as the right to know and freedom of information.
- The number of countries that have enacted freedom of information laws is more those that have not done so.
- There is a difference between the right to information and freedom of information.
- The number of countries that have enacted freedom of information laws is far greater than those that have enacted right to information laws.
- Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948 contains the right to freedom of information.